IT WAS FOR YOUR SAKE
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich (2 Corinthians 8:9).
The verse above isn’t referring to spiritual riches and spiritual poverty. When you study the entire chapter in context, you’d understand Paul was dealing with financial and material prosperity. For our sake, Jesus laid down His reputation, His riches and wealth; He laid down everything and identified Himself with us, and took our place. He became us. Everything He did was for our sake. He wasn’t poor, but He became poor for your sake. In the same way, you weren’t rich, but now in Him, you’ve been made rich, just as in Him you’ve been made righteous.
An understanding of this truth will cause you to walk in your heritage in Christ; your wealthy place in God. Your trust shouldn’t be in the government, the society or in the job that you do. Your trust shouldn’t be in any banking reform. Your trust has to be in the Word. He already became poor so that you, through His poverty, might become rich. Now, you’re to step into what He’s done for you and who He’s made you. You’re to walk in the glory that He’s brought you into. That was the essence of His suffering: “…the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow” (1 Peter 1:11). The glory now follows. Hallelujah!
Dear Father, I acknowledge my great inheritance in Christ and the place of greatness and abundance you’ve brought me into. I vehemently reject poverty, lack, penury and want, but consciously choose the joyful, prosperous life in Christ. I walk in righteousness, health, victory and success, which are my heritage in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Galatians 3:29; 2 Corinthians 8:9 AMPC;
Today’s Daily Devotional, God’s Word for today from the Bible, is Good News brought to you by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, author of the world’s #1 Daily Devotional, the Rhapsody of Realities. Enjoy the Word of God for today South Africa!
Good News! Become part of the world's biggest evangelism network:
Start supporting the world’s biggest daily devotional, the Rhapsody of Realities with Nuus.News. Become a partner of the distribution network of one of the biggest evangelism movements on earth today with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. The Rhapsody is printed and distributed monthly and is translated monthly in more than 1,000 languages! Since the inception of the devotional has more than 1,000,000,000 (yes: you have read right: 1 BILLION) copies printed and digital, been distributed! Few people in South Africa know it – spread the word! The Rhapsody is currently being distributed in every known territory known to man. Be part of the world wide movement!
Hab 2:14 “For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”
Who can benefit from the Rhapsody?
- Anyone really. If you just want to enjoy the world’s biggest daily devotional and pray the same prayer out loud with millions of Christians all over the world in unity of spirit, you are welcome to get the Rhapsody for yourself.
- However the printed Rhapsody is a great evangelism tool and also a conversation starter that can help yourself (as well as big evangelism groups) to reach other people more effectively.
- The Rhapsody is great for Pastors of churches that don’t have their own daily devotional but want their church to have one and build the church to maturity. As proven over many years, used by Pastors and leaders all over the world, the Rhapsody is always full of rich content and ideas for any sermon.
- Furthermore, you might not be able to go to a far away foreign country yourself in order to reach people with the Gospel. You can now however partner with Rhapsody of Realities and send devotionals to any country in the world you choose. Someone will distribute it there on your behalf and its an ideal way to reach the nations, even from home.
Get involved and get your personal copy of the Rhapsody from Nuus.News or directly at:
Visitors enjoying this article with you:
Visitors online – 637:
Users – 11
Guests – 626
- Afrikaanse Nuus (205)
- Anker vir die dag Anchor for the day (95)
- Bid vir Suid Afrika Pray for South Africa (2)
- Corona Virus Nuus News (35)
- Ekonomie Nuus Economy News (1)
- English News (226)
- Gebeure Events (1)
- Gees Spirit (3)
- Kerk Nuus Church News (34)
- Krag vir die dag Encouragement for the day (3)
- Musiek & Kuns Nuus Music & Art News (4)
- SA Nuus News (34)
- Sport Nuus Sports News (1)
- Tegnologie Techonology (6)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Weer Weather (2)
- Wêreld Nuus World News (7)